15 Best Watches for Nurses 2023 & Medical Professionals
Last Updated: May 30, 2023
Nursing is a demanding career that requires a particular type of person. When you have a massive amount of work, you must maintain a constant state of concentration. Therefore, it’s a physically demanding and equally stressful job. We must admit that those who work in the medical field are true heroes!
Meanwhile, because of the complexities of this profession, manufacturers are developing specific wristwatches for their help. They look like regular wristwatches but have several essential features for doctors and nurses. The best ones are easy to clean, can be worn on the wrist or fastened onto a scrub pocket, and provide excellent visibility.
Thus, to help you get the best one, we've created a list of the 15 best watches for nurses on the market. So, let's get this started!
Quick Pick Section
1. Best Overall - APPLE WATCH SERIES 6
The Apple Watch Series 6 is our top selection for the day. Because of Wi-Fi and cellular compatibility, a 50-meter water resistance, and better health indicators for daily activities, this is the best smartwatch for nurses who own iPhones.
2. Best Smmart Watch – FITBIT VERSA 2
The Fitbit Versa 2 is our second choice. A compact wristwatch on Google's Wear OS offers wireless GPS so you can leave your phone at home. In addition, a diverse range of watch faces makes this an excellent choice for many nurses.
|S.No.||Products||Price Range||Amazon Rating|
|1||Dakota Nurses Watch||$34||4.5 out of 5|
|2||Speidel Nurse Fob Scrub Watch||$25||4.3 out of 5|
|3||Prestige Medical Nurse Lapel Glow Watch||$32||4.4 out of 5|
|4||Dakota Watch Mini Clip-on Watch||$42||4.6 out of 5|
|5||Casio Women’s LRW200H-7BVCF||$25||4.5 out of 5|
|6||Timex Unisex Weekender||$35||4.6 out of 5|
|7||Fossil Men's Machine Quartz Chronograph Watch||$100||4.7 out of 5|
|8||Apple Watch Series 6||$200||4.8 out of 5|
|9||Fitbit Versa 2||$100||4.6 out of 5|
|10||Speidel Medical Scrub Glow Watch||$40||4.5 out of 5|
|11||Timex Ironman Classic 30||$40||4.6 out of 5|
|12||Casio Sport Analog Dive Watch||$22||4.4 out of 5|
|13||Swatch Women's Silicon Casual Watch||$85||4.3 out of 5|
|14||Prestige Medical Watch||$20||4 out of 5|
|15||VAVC Scrub Medical Watch||$40||4.5 out of 5|
List Of The Best Watches For Nurses
The choices we have listed are well-known for their reliability, ease of use, and high standard of quality. Check out our reviews and pick your favorite watches!
Product # 1: Nurse Watch with Second Hand - Dakota Nurses Watch
|Japanese Quartz||165 feet|
This official Dakota women's nurse's watch is an excellent choice for any nurse who wants professional yet stylish attire. The watch boasts vibrant markings and hands. Furthermore, the military markings on the watch differentiate it from its civilian competitors. The nurses adore the watch due to its quadrant pulse ring and quartz movement. The watch makes it accessible and visible enough for optimal use.
The watch is composed of a stainless steel case. The mineral dial of glass ensures that you may read the time without any distortion. Furthermore, the watch's leather band adds a touch of sophistication. Also, the watch's second hand is contrasting for correct calculation.
- ➕ It also consists of a second hand.
- ➕ It is incredibly convenient to use.
- ➕ The strap is durable and made of leather.
- ➕ It has a very stylish appearance.
- ➖ There is no glowing feature included in it.
Product # 2: Fob Watches for Nurses - Speidel Nurse Fob Scrub Watch
|Japanese Quartz||32 feet|
If you're a nurse searching for a metal fob watch, consider Speidel's fob scrub watch. Despite its shiny finish, this stainless steel case gives off a sports vibe. In addition, the watch face is the only decorative element, giving the watch a minimalist look.
The Speidel fob watch is notable for its sweeping second hand, among other features. There are between five and eight glides of the second hand, each second in a watch with a floating second hand. Water resistance is an absolute must for a medical professional, and this watch offers it. Lastly, this watch is the perfect nurse watch with a clip-on gadget that doesn't add much weight.
- ➕ It's an excellent deal because you're getting two items for the price of one.
- ➕ The watch's white and black face makes the 12 and 24-hour markers visible.
- ➕ The second hand is red and easily identifiable because of this.
- ➖ A few customers complain that their watches quit working shortly after use.
Product # 3: Pin Watches for Nurses - Prestige Medical Nurse Lapel Glow Watch
The popularity of our Prestige light lapel watch is to its luminous glow, chrome case, glass lens, fashionable chain band, red second-hand, and black hour markings. This watch is not only popular with nurses but also with doctors, students, and assistants. It is because these watches are tailored to the demands of all doctors and nurses, whether they work day or night shifts.
Moreover, like all our other portable watches, this watch features an upside-down clock for easy reading. It also has a sleek chrome finish and excellent heart rate monitoring capabilities for a modern style. Furthermore, this fashionable watch is an excellent option for those who want a departure from the standard silicone strap fob watches.
- ➕ The watch is straightforward and fashionable.
- ➕ It glows the dark feature.
- ➕ It displays the military time.
- ➕ It is a fantastic watch at a low price.
- ➕ It glows green in the dark, making it easier to see at night.
- ➖ The military time is minimal and difficult to read.
Product # 4: Clip On Watch for Nurses - Dakota Watch Mini Clip-on Watch
The best feature of the watch is the versatile color collection, which includes green, gunmetal, orange, and silver. Additionally, as it is a clip-on watch, you can clip it onto any of your outfits, scrubs, or handbags. And you can check the time in the darkest of patient rooms thanks to the watch's self-illuminating dial.
As a bonus, this watch can withstand water pressure from a depth of up to 100 feet. Because of this, if it gets dirty while caring for a patient, you can fix it anytime. If you want to clean it, you shouldn't have any problems doing so. Last but not least, to help you see in the dark, the Dakota watch has a bright LED light at the very top of the watch. It's another distinctive feature of this wristwatch.
- ➕ If you don't like wearing wristbands, this is a good option for you.
- ➕ It's incredibly readable, even in the dark.
- ➕ The watch has an LED light at the top.
- ➖ Not all nurses will feel comfortable wearing it as a clip-on wristwatch.
- ➖ The battery can be challenging to replace.
Product # 5: Nurse Watch with Military Time - Casio Women’s LRW200H-7BVCF
|Japanese Quartz||330 feet|
This women's watch is a perfect option to wear with a scrub and yet look elegant. The bright white case and strap brilliantly complement the watch face's multicolored Arabic numerals. The molded resin band and buckle fastening will keep the product from falling or slipping off your wrist while you're on the job.
In fact, as a nurse, you are exposed to various conditions; thus, it is not surprising that the watch would become wet. Nevertheless, it is water-resistant up to 100 meters, so that will not be an issue. Also, this is one of the best timepieces for nurses because of its simple watch face design that allows you to easily observe the time, excellent materials, and accurate movement. You can also use it with the military time feature, which has 12 and 24-hour markers and an accurate second hand. In short, it's an excellent first watch for somebody just starting nursing.
- ➕ It has a buckle clasp that makes it simple to put on and take off.
- ➕ You may wear the watch at all times as the watch has a water resistance upto 100 meters.
- ➕ This watch is also ideal for use while diving and snorkeling.
- ➕ It has a bi-directional bezel and a circular dial which is easy to read numbers.
- ➖ There are chances that the band is stain-prone.
- ➖ The case diameter may be a little narrow.
Product # 6: Best Timex Nurses Watch - Timex Unisex Weekender
Timex's Weekender Watch is a stunning timepiece with various vibrant and elegant designs. This watch also has a protected mineral dial window of crystal for viewing in low-light conditions.
Moreover, the watch time markers indicate 12 and 24-hour intervals for standard and military time readings. You can choose the time markers for the colors you want. The watch bands are interchangeable for nurses who wish to change their look. You may effortlessly replace the bands for a new and unique look. Surprisingly, the nylon straps are washable for easy cleaning when necessary.
Regarding water resistance, Timex's watch is water-resistant up to 30 meters. It's useful for people working where hand washing and medicinal chemicals are common. Finally, Timex's Weekender Watch is an outstanding nurse watch with a second hand, a huge display, and military time.
- ➕ The watch is waterproof.
- ➕ It has a backlight for ease of viewing in dim lighting.
- ➕ The wristwatch can tell military time.
- ➕ It is available in a variety of watch band colors.
- ➖ The watch face is very loud and uncomfortable for a professional. setting.
Product # 7: Best Watches for Male Nurses - Fossil Men's Machine Quartz Chronograph Watch
The Fossil Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch is a luxury wristwatch for nurses with a straightforward style. This watch features stainless steel, which gives it a good quality feel. Moreover, the watch's construction ensures long-lasting performance. Plus, it gives a heavier feel to nurses, therefore nurses prefer these high quality watches over others.
Although the Fossil watch is compatible with various leather and steel straps, the silicone band is ideal for nurses. The silicone band enables simple washing and sanitation when necessary. Because of this, you'll feel more at ease wearing this watch in certain healthcare situations. Fossil's watch display is beautiful and uniform thanks to a numberless dial. As a result, the watch hour, minute, and second-hand sight improves. Adding to it, if you have trouble reading numberless faces, you should consider wearing a different watch.
- ➕ The watch has a strong silicone band.
- ➕ It sports a scratch-resistant watch face.
- ➕ The watch's functions extend far beyond telling time.
- ➕ The numberless dial makes it more attractive.
- ➖ The watch's buckle is indeed tricky to close.
- ➖ The watch's battery dies soon.
Product # 8: Best Apple Watch for Nurses - Apple Watch Series 6
Amazon's choice, the Apple Series 6, is an excellent choice for nurses looking for a smartwatch. The watch's always-on, 30%-larger-than-Series-3 Retina display is also 20% faster than the Series-5 model. Furthermore, this is another nursing watch with a red second hand to help you take accurate pulse readings. The best feature of this watch is that it has Wi-Fi and Bluetooth enabled. This way, it syncs with your podcasts, music, and audiobooks.
Adding to all these features, it also consists of an ECG app, a Sleep app, and a Blood Oxygen app to keep track of your health. We adore this nursing watch; however, it is only affordable for some. Those on a tight budget searching for a more economical smartwatch can get the older versions of the watch. Apple's nurse watches are available on Amazon, and you can also try them in-store.
- ➕ Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity are the inbuilt features.
- ➕ It facilitates the use of digital healthcare tracking apps.
- ➕ It also has a retina display.
- ➕ The watch enables monitoring of your sleep and exercise.
- ➕ It can withstand water pressure up to 50 meters.
- ➖ There is a comparable shorter battery life of the watch.
- ➖ It works exclusively with Apple products.
Product # 9: Best Smart Watches for Nurses - Fitbit Versa 2
Using the Fitbit Versa 2 assists nurses in their duties. You may operate the entire watch from your wrist. The Fitbit Versa 2 is an outstanding wearable fitness tracker. All the tracking by the watch, including time, heart rate, and sleep duration, is reliable. This fitness watch also records calories and steps. Meanwhile, it has a persistent display that takes input at all times. Additionally, the watch band may flex, and the glass screen displays clearly in dim conditions.
Nevertheless, you may connect your smartwatch to Alexa and use it with over a dozen apps. Moreover, you won't feel any hassle in integrating Spotify's 300+ tracks. Both Fitbit Pay and Pandora are also available. The innovative feature of the watch is the immense water resistance for around 50 meters. Furthermore, you can personalize the notifications for you and your activity.
- ➕ The watch features a voice assistant.
- ➕ The tracking results it provides are satisfactory.
- ➕ The wristwatch has a heart rate monitor.
- ➕ Playing music in the background while working out is a significant bonus.
- ➖ When using an Android phone, the connection often drops.
Product # 10: Speidel Nurse Watches - Speidel Medical Scrub Glow Watch
|Japanese Quartz||50 meter|
This watch is very simplistic and stylish for a nurse to wear daily. The dial of this watch is white, and it features 12 and 24-hour markings. The quartz movement and the red second hand on the watch make it simple to collect precise readings of the user's pulse. The highly elastic silicon band is comfortable and precise to clean. Plus, this great scrub watch is water resistant up to 100 feet. In addition, the watch offers six various shades.
You can quickly replace the silicone band on your Speidel Scrub watch, allowing you to add a few more color options to your collection. Furthermore, there are over 17 different colors available to pick from, and each one has an EZ-Change pin so that you may switch out the bands easily and quickly.
- ➕ You can choose the color that best complements your scrubs from among six selections.
- ➕ The red second-hand makes readings more visible.
- ➕ The quartz movement accurately tracks the pulse readings.
- ➕ Markers of 12 and 24 hours for use in military timekeeping.
- ➖ The watch has some potential battery concerns.
- ➖ To some, the LED light-up element may be something other than awe-inspiring.
Product # 11: Best Digital Watch for Nurses - Timex Ironman Classic 30
This Timex women's watch is excellent for nurses due to its numerous valuable functions. The case size is perfect, as it's small to read comfortably and too big to be a hassle. You may adjust the resin band to any wrist size with the buckle. It will remain in position throughout the vigorous activity as well.
This Timex watch meets all the criteria for a high-performance sports timepiece. For example, it is resistant to water for up to 100 meters. It can withstand medicinal fluids and frequent hand washing as well. In addition, the crystal clock pane glows in the dark, making it readable all the time. Plus, the buttons have clear labels for easy use.
This 30-lap memory stopwatch helps keep track of seconds while getting a pulse measurement. Similarly, the various settings allow you to switch to military time. This medical watch comes in 15 distinct colors and designs, so you can pick one that best suits your choice.
- ➕ The watch's battery is top-notch.
- ➕ Due to its easy to read numbers you can see time and the display clearly.
- ➕ The watch face is sufficiently large.
- ➕ It is light and very comfy to wear.
- ➕ For a reasonable price, a watch is an excellent option for nurses.
- ➖ You won't find any directions with it.
- ➖ The band on this watch is significantly longer.
Product # 12: Best Waterproof Watches for Nurses - Casio Sport Analog Dive Watch
|Japanese Quartz||100 meter|
This Casio analog watch is a fantastic wristwatch for value. The precise Japanese Quartz movement and the dual time zone display are superb. In addition to the hour, minute, and second hands, the clock face also displays the current time. The 44.6mm face is easy to read watch because the numbers are significant. This watch has a customizable bezel and band for a better fit and more comfort.
Furthermore, it's incredible that it can operate at depths of up to 330 feet of water. Meanwhile, nursing professionals that work long shifts would benefit from purchasing a Casio Sport Watch due to its inexpensive cost and high durability. Lastly, to keep an active lifestyle, this is also a great watch for tracking while you work out.
- ➕ A low-priced alternative for a wristwatch.
- ➕ There are three color options for the watch face.
- ➕ It is water resistant for up to 330 feet.
- ➕ The watch is very accessible and comfortable.
- ➖ Because of all the grooves, cleaning the watch may be challenging.
Product # 13: Best Watch for Nursing School - Swatch Women's Silicon Casual Watch
This Swatch Women's Casual Watch proves that simple does not have to be boring. The classic black and white dial color scheme of the watch makes it easy to pair with various outfits. Because the numbers on the white dial are extensive and straightforward, it is possible to see the time within a pinch. What more could a busy nurse wish for?
Furthermore, the dial window and the plastic band are incredibly long-lasting and can withstand water pressure up to 30 meters. Because of this, you won't need to take off your watch to wash your hands while at work. Hence, It's a watch for both gender and will look fantastic with scrubs or other work attire.
- ➕ It has a large dial that makes everything simple to read.
- ➕ The watch features a timelessly elegant design.
- ➕ It is resistant to water and makes washing your hands easier.
- ➕ The watch is fashionable enough to go with either casual or formal attire.
- ➖ It involves troublesome battery replacement.
- ➖ If you have skinny wrists, the strap can be too big.
Product # 14: Best Durable Watch for Nurses - Prestige Medical Watch
Prestige Medical is a leading provider of high-quality medical diagnostic supplies and accessories. Nursing faculty, medical students, and other medical professionals in the healthcare community now hold Prestige Medical in high regard. As a result, the Prestige Medical basic student watch is a fantastic buy.
Surgical-grade stainless steel forms the base of the Prestige Medical professional model watch. It is precise, user-friendly, and germ-free, all qualities prioritized in a product by medical professionals. The dial of this watch is 24 hours in length. The case is white plastic, the numbers are large, and the hands are readable. It can also withstand submersion to a certain depth. In addition, the quartz mechanism and silent watch face make it suitable for everyday use.
- ➕ The watch features a quartz movement.
- ➕ The wristwatch is comfortable and long-lasting.
- ➕ There is no audible ticking.
- ➕ They created this prestigious wristwatch keeping nurses in mind.
- ➕ To a great extent, it can withstand water.
- ➖ It has the potential to become soiled very quickly.
- ➖ This product may have some quality concerns.
Product # 15: Best Stylish Watch for Nurses - VAVC Scrub Medical Watch
|Japanese Quartz||50 meter|
The VAVC Nurse Watch is made of a surgical-grade stainless steel case, making it rust-resistant. The watch's case is 40mm in diameter and 8.5mm thick and comes with a leather strap. The mineral crystal glass protects the dial and makes the watch easier to read. Moreover, the elegant leather band is 20mm wide and fits wrists of all sizes.
One of the watch's essential qualities is its Japanese quartz movement. Furthermore, I t is also excellent for taking accurate heart rate readings. You may even wear it in the shower because it is water-resistant to 50 meters. It is also suitable enough to wear in the shower or pool because it is now water-resistant. Nurses can also use military time, while second-hand features to maintain vital patient records up to date.
- ➕ The perfect diameter makes for an enjoyable reading experience.
- ➕ The watch has a subtle design.
- ➕ A wristwatch that is both lightweight and smooth to wear.
- ➕ The watch is an excellent gifting choice.
- ➖ It cannot glow in the dark.
How to Buy the Best Watch For Nurses in 2023?
Medical personnel, particularly nurses, rely significantly on watches. Medication, therapy schedules, and rest periods all undergo regular monitoring by nurses. It makes no difference if they are on a relatively calm night or hectic day shift. That's why they need a durable watch that can keep ticking through multiple shifts.
Factors to Consider
Among the multiple factors, one must consider while purchasing a watch are its readability, practicality, and beauty. But, the question that comes into your mind is how to choose the best product for yourself.
• Comparing Digital Watches with Analog Watches
Despite their outdated appearance in today's modern world, analog watches remain valuable tools for counting seconds, detecting a pulse, or keeping track of specific counts. Meanwhile, digital watches are just as helpful because many show the minutes and seconds. Thanks to their number displays, they might also be quicker to read in a rush.
• The Traditional Wrist Watch vs. the Lapel or Pin Watch
Two frequent spots for medical watches are the wrist and the lapel. You can't say that one watch style is superior to another because everyone has their taste. Meanwhile, you can quickly check the time with your watch on your wrist. On the other hand, many medical professionals adore the Lapel watches, which attach to a nurse's uniform. It is because they are less likely to pick up bacteria from the patients.
• Heavy or Lightweight Watch
The typical length of a nurse's shift is 12 hours. Therefore, long periods spent wearing a bulky watch might be uncomfortable for nurses on the field. Therefore, select a watch that is light enough.
• Resistant to Water
Doctors, nurses, and other medical staff members must wash and disinfect their hands frequently. Therefore, a good watch for nurses should be resistant to water. You must have a minimum certification of 3 ATM (30m) or above (100ft) to save your watch from rain and splashes.
• Easy to Clean
Due to the variety of substances a nurse may come into touch with, the watchband must be easy to disinfect. The silicone bands are great because they are water-resistant and easy to care for. Meanwhile, silicone bands are more watertight than leather and nylon bands. Overall, the best option is a silicone strap.
• Easy-to-Read Dial
A clean and visible face is the most critical aspect of a good nursing watch. Consider trying to read the time on a dial covered with several tiny panes, each of which is a different color and has its distinct pattern. It gets challenging to read the time. Therefore, you should search for a watch with a simple analog dial and no excessive features.
Although each of the abovementioned wristwatches is unique, the Apple Watch is the clear winner of this review. In conclusion, nurses and other medical professionals would benefit greatly from purchasing a watch that displays the military time. Lastly, using our expertly ranked list and buying tips, you can get the best nursing watch in 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of watch is best for nurses?
That can resist water, have a broad face, and have an easy-to-read second hand. Furthermore, they must clean them fast and readily. When choosing a new watch, nurses should go for ones with silicone or leather bands that they can easily clean.
2. Do nurses need exceptional watches?
Nurses who need to keep track of their time and activities on the job require a one-of-a-kind watch. They perform dozens of daily medical duties, such as taking patient vitals, giving prescriptions, charting test results, and performing pain assessments. Most nurses choose analog watches because they make counting seconds for pulse readings easier. On the other hand, some nurses will opt to wear digital timepieces showing the second count.
3. Can a nurse use a smartwatch?
They certainly can. Nurses are permitted to wear smartwatches in the majority of hospitals. In addition to being valuable watches, they can use them to stay in touch with loved ones while tracking critical health indicators and workout data.
4. Do nurses get a discount on Apple watches?
The answer is no if you're wondering whether Apple provides healthcare discounts. Apple does not provide any healthcare discounts to its customers. All nurses who want to buy an Apple Watch must pay the total price. Nonetheless, the most recent Apple Watch model is costly.
But for recreational and even technical divers, this isn't a concern because they only spend a little bit of time in deep underwater situations.
5. Where do nurses keep their fob watches?
The standard nursing uniform has a pocket for a fob watch. This watch style may appear hanging inverted, yet it provides an easy way for nurses to check the time.